Social Impact Investment in the Nordic-Baltic region
Social impact investment is the provision of finance to organisations addressing societal needs with the expectation of a measurable societal as well as financial return. In other words – it means investing into enterprises that create good stuff and eliminate bad stuff or transform it into good stuff.
On this page, we will publish updates related to regional cooperation as well as the most useful materials from all around the world. Regional cooperation was supported by the Nordic Council of Ministers´ Office in Estonia in the frame of the project „Social impact investment regional cooperation plan for Estonia, Latvia and Finland“ until May 2018.
The project resulted in mapping out the current situation and creating a joint action plan for quicker development of social impact investment ecosystem. The leaders of the initiative are the Estonian Social Enterprise Network, the Social Entrepreneurship Association of Latvia and the Finnish Association for Social Enterprises.
Contact of the cooperation consortium: Jaan Aps, Chairman, Estonian Social Enterprise Network – jaan(at)sev.ee
The report “Social impact investment in the Nordic-Baltic region” can be found on this link.
Some of the best materials about social impact investment:
- “Impact Strategies: How Investors Drive Social Impact” by the European Venture Philanthropy Association;
- “A Recipe Book of Social Finance” by the European Commission;
- “Venture philanthropy and social impact investment – A practical guide” by the European Venture Philanthropy Association;
- “Achieving impact for impact investing. A road map for developed countries” by FASE, McKinsey and Ashoka;
- “Financing for Social Impact | The Key Role of Tailored Financing and Hybrid Finance” by the European Venture Philanthropy Association;
- “Social Impact Investment: Building the Evidence Base” by the OECD.
Some of the best materials specifically about social impact bonds:
- “Social Impact Bonds: The Early Years” by Social Finance;
- “Social Impact Bonds: State Of Play & Lessons Learnt” by the OECD and the European Commission;
- “Social Impact Bonds: An Overview of the Global Market for Commissioners and Policymakers” by Social Spider;
- “A technical guide to developing social impact bonds” by Social Finance.
SOCIAL IMPACT INVESTMENT:
Development opportunities in the region
Date: March the 21st, 2018
Venue: Foundation for an Open Society DOTS event space, Riga, Latvia
Downloadable materials from the seminar:
Key note by Ewa Konczal (the European Venture Philanthropy Association)
Latvian overview by Madara Ulande (the Social Entrepreneurship Association of Latvia)
Finnish overview by Kimmo J. Lipponen (the Finnish Association for Social Enterprises)
Estonian overview by Jaan Aps (Chairman, the Estonian Social Enterprise Network)
Key note by Anna Tonteri (The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra)
Key note by Jussi Nykänen (Epiqus Oy)
Key note by Agnieszka Orzechowska (NESsT)
Key note by Richard Georg Engström (IMPACT X)